Over recent years psychotherapy is less stigmatized. Many people are benefiting from the potentially life-changing effects of a meaningful psychotherapy and opt to be selective in their choice of a psychologist to provide continuity in the therapy work.
Here are fifteen reasons to consider private pay for your psychotherapy.
- You get to choose the psychologist you think a good and personable fit for your needs and someone you want to work with.
- You and your psychologist decide the treatment and duration of your psychotherapy, not your insurer.
- Your psychologist has an expertise or specialized training that in-network providers do not.
- You want an experienced psychologist no longer interested to work at the behest of your insurance provider.
- Your in-network therapist does not offer the continuity that a regularly scheduled mutual commitment to the therapy process necessitates.
- You do not want your insurer to have a record of your visit or your diagnosis in their database. You may opt for private pay versus out-of-network.
- You have a previous therapeutic relationship with a psychologist that was helpful and you wish to resume your process with the same person now out-of-network with your insurer.
- You had a bad experience when a previous therapy process was abruptly concluded by an insurer determination to limit coverage.
- You, as a new therapist, psychologist or psychiatric resident want the benefit of learning through experience and without insurer intrusion.
- You prefer a non-medical/clinic office setting of a particular psychologist.
- You have a preventative health focus not supported by your insurer’s definition of “medically necessary” criteria.
- You want to get to the root of your issues and not be limited to a focused and symptom management perspective.
- You have the latitude to negotiate the session fee.
- You want the cost of your psychotherapy or psychoanalysis to come out of your HSA account as pre-tax dollars.
- You believe in wellness, preventative and facilitative interventions to assure health maintenance.
827 N. Cass St.
Milwaukee, WI. 53202