Susan E. Barbour, Ed.D., Psychologist/Psychoanalyst
- Doctoral Degree: Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, 1994.
Licenses as a Psychologist
- Credentialed: The National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology (HSPP).
- Certificate: Object Relations Theory & Practice 2000-2002/ International Institute of Object Relations Therapy
- Certificate: Adult Psychoanalysis 2015/Pittsburgh Psychoanalytic Institute
- Assistant Clinical Professor – Dept. of Psychiatry & Behavioral Medicine/Medical College of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Psychoanalytic Institute
- Pittsburgh Psychoanalytic Institute
Past Practice Settings:
- Hospital Clinic
- Private Practice
I specialize in an integrated understanding of how body, mind and emotion form the perceptions, meanings and experiences that you have. Being a psychoanalyst has broadened my understanding of human experience and motives, and the way people’s personalities form in patterns of thinking and feeling. With these understandings I can best be of help to you.
For more information about psychoanalysis and how this therapeutic process may help you, read “What is Dynamic Psychotherapy?” and “Psychoanalysis Today” on the next pages.
For more information about becoming a psychoanalyst, refer to this link.